Be Part of the SOLUTION!
All the writing on this page raises one very question: „Is the world doomed?“
Gladly, I can answer: „Not yet, there is still a little time left to set things right“.
The time-window did not close, quite yet. But, what can we do to help fighting Climate Change?
Fight Climate Change!
A couple of steps to tackle Climate Change:
- The most important issue, in the combat against Climate Change, is to create a general awareness surrounding the topic. We can achieve that by sharing our knowledge. If you have trouble explaining Climate Change, then you could simply share some of the collected videos (viewable in the video slider), or this website. It would be immensely helpful if enough people would motivate/educate organizations to go greener. Please make sure, that your government/representatives are on the side of science.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. Example/Guideline: Idealistically, try to not buy plastic, which you would throw away after one use! Use reusable cups, so that you do not create waste every morning for your coffee cup! Though, if you forget your reusable cup, do not worry; order your coffee. After you drank up simply recycle your cup.
- Control your energy usage. Change the way you gain energy from Fossil Fuel energy to renewable energies. Make sure, that you are using your energy wisely: turn off electronics after using them and try to minimize your energy usage. Buy more energy-efficient devices and adjust your heater after the weather.
- Reduce your food waste, by buying only the food that you need and will eat. Eating less meat is one of the easiest and most significant impacts you can achieve. We can recommend to slowly reducing the amount of meat you eat so that it becomes easier to stick to a vegetarian (/vegan) diet once you get to the point. It helps to reduce atmospheric GHG drastically. In addition, pay attention to where the food comes from and try to avoid food, which had a long journey behind it. Most importantly, eat more regional and organic food.
- Transportation: Buy an electric car, a full efficient vehicle, or simply drive less. Use the maximized space in the car by giving friends a ride or take hitchhikers with you (Of course, do not do that, if you mistrust them). Drive more often with public transit, like the bus, train, etc. Keep your tires in a good condition that will help to save fuel and keep these GHG out of the atmosphere, while you are at it get a good air filter for your car. If you are living in an urban area, you could consider walking more.
- Get a track of your carbon footprint and try to reduce it as much as possible.
Source: Climate Neutral Group
Stand for Trees
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
The Nature Conservancy
The Solutions Project
The Solutions Project is battling Climate Change by improving and advertising renewable energies. The Solutions Project is a non-profit organisation, whose main goal is to create a change from Fossil Fuel energy to renewables. As I explained in the chapter „Greenhouse effect“ Fossil Fuel energy is one of the main contributors
Union of Concerned Scientist (UCS)
The Woolly Mammoth De-Extinction Project
However, all of these ideas will not be worth anything if the individual does not want to embrace them or half-heartedly tries to do so and breaks back to his/her_ original habits. I hope my website made it clear why action must be taken. Now it is up to you! What actions will you take? Do you have ideas on your own? Think about it. If you desire to tell me your climate action plan or need help creating your own please feel free to use the contact page.